I would just like to thank those below who have clearly made my life easier:
1. Century 21: I live down the block from Century 21 and for quick gifts, the best deals on housewares and kids shoes, you can’t beat it. Anytime O has a birthday party, I know that Century will have something that her friends would like: From Disney, Hannah Montana, High School Musical to Melissa and Doug – they’ve got it all at great prices. If for some reason, I have a spare moment, I always do a drive-by of the shoe department, especially the downstairs European section where you can get great finds from Chloe, Marc Jacobs to LAMB.
2. Max Delivery For those late nights when you just realize, “I just ran out of O’s frozen pancakes” or “S has a fever and we have no Infant’s Motrin” or if you’re the only parent home and can’t get outside – Max Delivery always…delivers. Anything you order gets to your door in under an hour.
3. Diapers.com Costco’s wipes and a jumbo pack of diapers delivered to your door within 3 days. Enough said.
4. Whole Foods TriBeCa’s Delivery Service I know that the food is fresh, organic and well-edited. I don’t have to think when I walk into a Whole Foods. I can go and pick out a huge cart-full of product, take what I need for today’s lunch home with me, and the rest will get delivered to me within 4 hours.
5. HRPMamas.com If there is a mom out there who ISN’T a member of HRP Mamas, sign up now! HRP Mamas is a Yahoo group of over 1000 downtown moms who use the listserve for tips, questions, and as a sounding board. Topics span everything from CIO, the best family vacations to what one does for one’s nanny’s birthday. They even have playgroups set up for every age group. I’ve found some wonderful mamas out there through HRP Mamas. I don’t know what I would do without it!
I am sure there are more, but those are the top things that make living downtown easy!